The CALM Heart Failure Management Program provides state-of-the-art diagnostic, medical and surgical options for all patients with heart failure. We focus on disease management and collaborate with the multidisciplinary expertise of a wide range of health care professionals - Advanced heart failure cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, left ventricular assist device (LVAD) coordinators, dietitians, social workers, financial counselors, pharmacists, exercise physiologists and integrative health specialists.
Our services can be of benefit to:
- Severely ill patients who may require transplantation
- Patients with continuing symptoms despite maximum medical management
- Patients suffering from other diseases that complicate heart failure management
- Patients who have difficulty following their treatment plan or making lifestyle adjustments necessary to treat heart failure
- Patients with end-organ involvement, such as renal failure or pulmonary hypertension, that may prevent more aggressive therapy
All visits include a complete evaluation of current exercise capacity and prognosis, an assessment of the treatment plan and recommendations regarding changes in therapy.
The Heart Failure Management Program offers:
- The full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical options for patients with heart failure, from those who experience asymptomatic ventricular dysfunction to patients whose symptoms are severe enough to require heart transplantation.
- Collaboration with institutions that provide "Destination Therapy For End-Stage Heart Failure" (an option for heart failure patients who are not candidates for cardiac transplantation)
- Expertise in unusual causes of heart muscle disease, including myocarditis, postpartum cardiomyopathy and chemotherapy-related heart disease
- The latest in treatment options, including biventricular pacemakers, automated implantable cardioverter defibrillators (AICDs) and combination devices
- Use of relaxation, mindfulness meditation and guided imagery
- Education for heart failure patients and family members through one-on-one consultation
- Heart Failure Management Program Recommended Reading
- Weight and Vital Signs Record
- Cardio MEM and other remote monitoring services
. Depending on the treatment plan for each individual heart failure patient, treatments may include:
TO OUR HEART FAILURE PATIENTS, PLEASE "DRAG" forms below to your desktop, then PRINT AND FILL OUT TO BRING TO YOUR INITIAL EVALUATION. We look forward to working with you on this important journey to a happier, healthier you!
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Referral for Heart Transplant, cardiac surgery, LVAD, valve repair, surgical ventricular remodeling
- Cardiac catheterization, re- perfusion therapy
- Individualized Medication Therapy for CHF RX optimization
- Outpatient Intravenous basic infusion
- Nutritional support
- tailored care plan specific to you and your families needs